Our Home Child Care program, the largest of all our programs, has been in operation since 1972 and provides service to over 400 children on a daily basis.
Our licensed Home Child Care program offers families the option of child care in a safe and nurturing home setting. Our dedicated providers, with the support of our professional team of Child Care Advisors, ensure children receive early learning opportunities in a stimulating environment.
At the Children’s Village, we work in partnership with both parents and providers to ensure the best individualized care plan can be developed for each child.
Our Home Child Care Program offers care in Ottawa South and West, Centretown, and Nepean.
- Licensed by The Ministry of Education and operates in accordance with the Day Nurseries Act of Ontario.
- Provides child care for children 6 weeks to 10 years.
- On-going assessment of care and frequent monitoring by a Multi-Disciplinary Team of Professionals trained in Child Development.
- Emphasis on high standards of health, safety, nutrition and developmentally stimulating programming.
- Emphasis on “matching” children to the right provider
- Thorough screening and application process for providers
- Low child/ provider ratio
- Alternate care and flexible care services.
- Equipment for children
- Access to community resources and support programs.
Apply here for Home Child Care
To apply to the Children’s Village of Ottawa Carleton Home Child Care program, please register with the City Of Ottawa Child care Registry and Waitlist
Subsidy Spaces Available
For more information on how to apply for Subsidy and what documentation and information is required, visit the City of Ottawa web-site.