It Takes a Village to Raise a Child
The Children’s Village of Ottawa-Carleton, one of the oldest charities in Ottawa,
has been providing services to children and families since 1864.
Filled with a rich tradition of working directly with the community,
our history is a testament to our commitment to children and the innovative programs they need.
The Children’s Village operates a large Licensed Home Child Care Program, several school based Child Care Centres, summer programs, a drop-in play group and other support services for parents and providers.
We believe in working in partnership with parents, providers and agency staff to ensure children receive quality care in a nurturing environment. Our services reflect an ongoing commitment to the well being of children and families and are characterize by sensitivity, high standards, and flexibility.
The Children’s Village of Ottawa-Carleton operates the following programs and services:
- Licensed Home Child Care: the program operates in West, Central and South-end Ottawa for children 6 weeks to 12 years;
- Children’s Village at Stoneway: a licensed kindergarten and school age child care program operating in Adrienne Clarkson School;
- Children’s Village At Navan: a licensed preschool, kindergarten and school age child care program operating in Heritage School;
- Children’s Village at Bridlewood: a licensed kindergarten and school age child care program in Bridlewood Community Elementary School;
- Children’s Village at Klondike: a licensed kindergarten and school age child care program in South March Elementary School;
- Lady MacDonald Childcare Centre: a licensed toddler and preschool program operating in Roch Carrier Elementary School.
- Transitions: is an innovative, child driven life skills/social skills summer program for children ages 5 to 7 years (Juniors) and 8 to 12 years (Senior) operating throughout Ottawa;
- Resource Centre: offers morning play groups, and special events for children, parents and providers.
- Parents Exploring Day Care Options (PEDCO): monthly information sessions;
Employment Opportunities at the Children’s Village
“We are committed to providing quality services to families and their children”
At the Children’s Village we strive for excellence through the ongoing effort and dedication of employees. We’re looking for people who share a commitment to child care, and our community, and who are passionate about working with children. Children’s Village of Ottawa-Carleton regularly recruits supply teachers to work on an on-call basis in our child care centres. Making yourself available for supply work is an excellent way to showcase your skills as an early childhood educator and may lead to contract or permanent employment with our agency. You may submit your resume to Myrian Pépin, Manager of School Age Programs, indicating your interest in doing supply work. Information regarding our Preschool, Kindergarten and School Age Programs or all other services offered by the Children’s Village of Ottawa-Carleton is available on our website.
Job Posting 2017 Children’s Village at Stoneway
Job Posting 2017 Children’s Village at Klondike
Job Posting 2017 Children’s Village at Bridlewood
In keeping with “The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005)”, the Children’s Village recognizes its obligation to ensure that programs and services offered by the Children’s Village are accessible to people with disabilities.
With regards to people with disabilities, the Children’s Village is committed to ensuring their programs and services accommodate disability related needs and are provided in a manner that reflects the dignity and independence of the person. Written documentation on our policy will be provided upon request and in an accessible format.
Feedback on services delivered to people with disabilities shall be invited and forwarded to the Executive Director. Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.